Vote Hannah Stone - General Election November 7, 2023
Vote Hannah Stone, the Campaign to elect Hannah E. Stone as the Ward 1 Representative to the Bellingham City Council (hereafter, the “Campaign”), expects all Campaign team members to abide by this Code of Conduct.
Team members will include, but are not limited to, all Campaign workers, paid staff members, interns, unpaid volunteers, vendors, contractors, and the Candidate (Hannah Elisabeth Stone). This Code of Conduct will be made visible, and all Campaign team members will be required to acknowledge and adhere to this Code of Conduct as a condition of their involvement with the Campaign. The Campaign is an equal opportunity employer and accountable to the laws of the U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
First and foremost, the purpose of this Code of Conduct is to ensure that each Campaign team member feels safe while interacting with and acting on behalf of the Campaign. Furthermore, it is imperative that every Campaign team member is valued and supported. To that end, this Code of Conduct is designed to serve a dual purpose: (1) to ensure that all Campaign team members clearly understand the expectations set forth in this Code of Conduct, and (2) to ensure that resources for taking appropriate action are readily available if the Code of Conduct is not followed.
I understand that the following principles, practices, and policies govern all team members of the Campaign (Vote Hannah Stone) and the Candidate in this Campaign (Hannah Elisabeth Stone) is an equal party to this Code of Conduct. As a requirement of my involvement with the Campaign, I hereby agree to abide by the following:
The Campaign expects that all team members will be respectful of the rights and opinions of others & refrain from conduct that is discriminatory, harassing, threatening, or otherwise disempowering.
More specifically, the Campaign expects all team members to refrain from behavior that includes, but is not limited to:
● Conduct that causes harm, threatens to harm, causes reasonable apprehension of harm, or subjects another to substantial risk of harm (the harm may be violent, physical, mental or emotional in nature);
● Sexual harassment or sexual misconduct such as sexual advances, sexual solicitation, requests for sexual favors, or other verbal or physical conduct that is of a sexual nature;
● Physical, verbal, written, or cyber threats against, extreme disrespect to, or intimidation of any person;
● Discrimination because of age, race, color, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, dis/ability, national origin, immigration status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or marital/relationship status;
● Engagement in disorderly conduct such as public disturbance or intoxication (by alcohol or drugs) that is destructive, damaging or disparaging; and
● Other behavior that is unprofessional, inequitable, or inconsistent with the standard of conduct expected of the Campaign.
The behavior outlined above will NOT be tolerated.
The Campaign expects team members to report behavior that is contrary to this Code of Conduct. As team members, we are responsible for our own behavior. However, we also have a responsibility to advocate for others. To condone or ignore another person’s behavior that is contrary to this Code of Conduct, is contrary to this Code of Conduct.
If a team member is not sure how this Code of Conduct applies to a certain situation, they are encouraged to seek clarification from the Candidate, their supervisor, or another trusted team member.
Retaliation for reporting such behavior will NOT be tolerated.
I understand that the Campaign encourages me and my fellow team members to speak up and share any concerns directly with Hannah Stone (the Candidate), a supervisor, or another trusted team member.
Furthermore, I understand that the independent consultant listed below has agreed to this Code of Conduct and to be a point of contact for Campaign team members. The consultant is committed to speak with me in confidence, take my concerns seriously, and respond to the situation in accordance with my consent.
Consultant Name: Leslie A. Finch, LMFT
Cell Number: 360-728-9344
Email Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
AGREED AND ACCEPTED
Signed by Hannah Elisabeth Stone on this 20th day of May 2023